The ideal maintenance mechanic job candidate will have experience in troubleshoot and repair of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical failures; performs preventive maintenance and inspection on production machines and equipment according to a scheduled system while maintaining a clean, safe working environment.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Working with injection molding equipment, flywheel, pneumatic systems and hydraulic presses or assembly equipment, troubleshoots production machinery and equipment for electrical and mechanical malfunctions. Assists in the teardown and rebuild of an injection-molding machine.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance tasks and periodic inspections on production machinery and equipment. Lubricates and cleans parts. Adjusts devices positions and controls.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements. Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections. Troubleshoots mechanical failures. Repairs or places defective parts. Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts. Installs parts into devices. Starts devices to determine their performance.
- Maintains spare parts inventory. Orders parts. Computer work as workload dictates.
- Keeps an accurate record of work performed.
- Performs other routine duties as necessary.
- Keeps work areas clear and free of debris.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to work together as part of a team under limited supervision or independently
- Adheres to safety rules and ergonomic practices.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Basic math skills; must be able to use a calculator and compute basic math equations
- Basic Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of GMP’s and/or 1 year work experience in a packaging or manufacturing environment
- All pertaining process procedures that relate to job function
- Light to moderate physical effort required
- Must be able to lift or push up to 50 pounds
- Required to regularly sit, stand and/or walk
- Work performed in a manufacturing environment.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Please send your resume either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 760-598-6333. We will call you to discuss opportunities and arrange an interview.