The injection molding production supervisor will be reporting directly to the production manager. This position
requires at least 3+ years of industry and supervisory related experience along with a wide range of
knowledge related to plastic processing, material handling systems, robotic adjustment and programming,
safety regulations and protocol, and the entire plastic’s manufacturing processes from raw materials thru
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assign daily job requirements to all direct reports daily. This includes machine operators, material
handlers, process technicians, weigh counters.
- Verify that all scheduled machines are running at proper cycle times and that all machines are
producing acceptable parts based on their specific quality standards.
- Ensure that all documentation is accurate and being used as intended based on department
specific guidelines and procedures. Items such as hourly production counts, mold change
checklists, supervisor checklists, weekly safety procedure checklists, OEE production tracking
document, etc. are examples of documentation that needs to be completed and accounted for
- Extensive knowledge of all department related equipment is necessary to properly analyze and
assist with resolving all types of situations that arise. Experience with handling, programming, and
adjustments. If no prior experience, this will be a top priority to become affluent within order to be
successful in this position.
- Ability to set up molds and auxiliary equipment.
- Extensive experience processing thermoplastics utilizing Decouple molding techniques.
- Ability to analyze and recommends improvements to molds, processes, and equipment.
- Assist process technicians with daily mold changes and start-ups as workload requires.
- Ability to multi-task and make fast, accurate decisions is necessary to keep up with the demands
of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in injection molding.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work together as part of a team under limited supervision or independently
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Basic math skills; must be able to use a calculator and compute basic math equations
- Basic Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of GMP’s and/or 1 year work experience in a packaging or manufacturing environment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly preferred.
- All pertaining process procedures that relate to job function
- Light to moderate physical effort required
- Must be able to lift or push up to 50 pounds
- Required to regularly sit, stand and/or walk
- Work performed in a manufacturing environment.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Please send your resume either by email to email@example.com or by fax to 760-598-6333. We will call you to discuss opportunities and arrange an interview.